Meals on Wheels Waco needs an enthusiastic Assistant to provide support and services to the leadership team. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising or Marketing and prior office experience required.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High level of organization
- Experience with data-entry
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- High competency level on computer, software skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe, In-design or other design software
- Ability to multi-task and establish priority of work.
- Possess the ability to interface with all ages and ethnic groups.
- Creating newsletters
- Writing letters, press releases, invitations and other documents
- Updating and maintaining office policies and procedures.
- Creating and retaining board meeting records
- Processing donations and communicating with donors
This is a full time position of 30-40 hours a week. Office hours are 8am – 4pm but events will require occasional nights and weekends.
Job requires a background check.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Assistant to the Administrative Team
- Perform routine data entry for various computer platforms
- Write thank-you notes, and prepare them for mailing
- Work with vendor for printing, publishing, and distributing fundraising materials.
- Communicate with donors and board members regularly
- Maintain donor records
- Work with outside marketing firm for campaigns and fundraising
- Serve as assistant for planning, execution and follow-up for all events. Including but not limited to the following:
- Assist with managing event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Working with vendors, customers, volunteers and assist with coordination of volunteer roles needed for each event
- Help coordinate logistics, production and distribution of advertising for special events.
- Serve as the staff liaison with the board events committee
- Other assigned duties as needed
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below to apply.
Applications open until position is filled.
Send resume and portfolio/writing samples to [email protected]