Program Support Specialist
Title: Program Support Specialist
Reports to: Director of Volunteers
Objective: To works throughout the office providing support services to each department and provide efficient coverage for scheduled time off. This position will work closely with the Director of Client Services as well.
- Assist the Director of Volunteers with our Pet Food Program
- Monitor congregate client assessment forms
- Conduct background checks for new volunteers
- Print monthly Senior Center and Home Delivered food menus
- Prepare and print new client delivery notifications
- Prepare, send, and record results of yearly Congregate, Home Delivered, and Pet Program satisfaction surveys to clients
- Enter client meal choices every 6 months
- Assist in front desk coverage when needed
- Assist in helping with special events
- Associates degree required
- Ability to do data entry, familiarity with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work and communicate with all age groups and socio-economic levels
- Must be able to represent the agency in an articulate and pleasant manner
What we have to offer:
- Supportive work environment
- Paid time off after six months of hire
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Meals on Wheels Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meal Delivery Assistant
Classification: Part-time (25-30 hours a week)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Objective: To assist with the daily operations of the Meals on Wheels daily meals and provide services needed for the volunteers who deliver them.
Participates in the overall operation of Meals on Wheels Waco meal preparations.
Responsible for multiple tasks, including: packing meals for designated routes; greeting volunteers and assisting them as needed; and cleaning the kitchen and coolers used for delivery.
Responsible for general office duties such as preparing new client packets; distributing donation envelopes and other printed materials as provided.
Provide janitorial service, trash pick-up on property and other services as assigned..
Responsible for other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the Meals on Wheels Waco program.
Understands and follows food safety requirements through each workday.
Able to do create accurate counts for the meal items needed for each client.
Provides the correct number of hot meals, cold bags, and other items for the volunteers delivering the meals each day.
Able to lift and carry 10-15 pound containers with food within the building and to the cars of volunteers.
Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, volunteers, community service organizations, and the public.
Able to work with all age groups and socioeconomic levels.
Meals on Wheels Waco in Waco, Texas, seeks a Director of Development who brings experience raising funds for a non-profit with specific skills in cultivating donors, planning and managing fundraising events, coordinating direct mail, and social media marketing.
- Plan, manage and implement all fundraising efforts.
- Identify potential major donors – individual, corporate, and foundation.
- Cultivate prospective donors, create a portfolio and establish effective communications with them.
- Set priorities to meet annual goals in development and expand donor enrollment
- Work to create and support a culture of philanthropy.
- Promote understanding, acceptance, and support of the vision and mission of
Meals on Wheels Waco.
- Coordinates and creates social media to promote programs and support our goals.
- Full-time position, Hours may include evenings and occasional weekends.
- Certified Fundraising Executive, preferred
Minimum Bachelor’s degree and five years of professional experience in
- Ability to communicate our values and mission
- Superb interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Highly self-directed with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrates excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel in our service area.
- Starting annual salary based on experience: $55K-$65K
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Sick leave
No positions available at this time
Complete this application if a resume is not available.